The other day, Paul wanted something light for dinner, so I pulled out some mahi-mahi fillets and when I noticed we had some pink grapefruit in the fridge, I pulled those out too.
This meal takes no time to make and is a perfect, light dinner for hot summer evenings!
pan-fried mahi-mahi with honey grapefruit dressing
1 pound skinless mahi-mahi fillets, cut into 4 equal pieces
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
5 teaspoons honey
3 cups of your favourite salad greens (ie. lettuce, baby spinach, etc.)
1/4 cup of sliced cucumbers
- Heat pan on medium-high.
- Rub both sides of the mahi-mahi fillets with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the grapefruit in half. Take one half of the grapefruit and juice it (you should get roughly 4-5 tablespoons of juice.
- Take the remaining half of the grapefruit and remove the peel and pith. Cube the grapefruit into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, grapefruit juice, honey, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Whisk the dressing until well combined and set aside.
- Pan-fry the fish until opaque throughout, roughly 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Evenly divide the salad greens, cucumbers and grapefruit chunks onto two places and top with the mahi-mahi fillets. Drizzle with dressing.