Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

simple butter chicken pizza

I have always loved the saucy goodness of butter chicken. Especially on a bed of rice. There's just something about the sauce that I can't get enough of. So I was pretty excited to see that one of the sauces in the set that Summer Fresh sent me to try was Butter Chicken.

Although I didn't want to do my usual Butter Chicken on rice dish, I still wanted to use chicken as the meat...and since Paul makes an amazing pizza dough, I asked him to get out the yeast and whip up some pizza dough for a Butter Chicken pizza.


I can humbly say that the results were INCREDIBLE. I used the sauce three times in this recipe - as a marinade for the chicken, to cook the chicken in and as a sauce on the pizza (instead of our usual tomato sauce).

You can use your favourite pizza dough (crust) for this recipe, but in case you're wondering about the pizza in our photos, Paul usually rolls his dough out so that the pizza ends up being about one foot across and less than 1/4 inches thick (oh yeah, we like our pizza crust THIN!)



simple butter chicken pizza
printer-friendly version

ingredients:

10 tablespoons Summer Fresh Butter Chicken sauce
150 grams boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
2 tablespoons butter
1 ready-made pizza crust or your favourite pizza dough (either way, your pizza should end up about 1 foot wide and thin-crust - if you want a larger pizza, adjust the above ingredient amounts accordingly)

directions:

Place your pizza stone on the bottom rack of oven and preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.

Toss 4 tablespoons of Butter Chicken sauce with the chicken, making sure to coat every piece. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes

Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the chicken pieces, a tablespoon of Butter Chicken sauce and cook until just done (approximately 5 minutes). Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.


to assemble the pizza:

If you're using a ready-made pizza crust, you can skip this step. Otherwise, on a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll your pizza dough utnil it is about 1 foot wide and no thicker than 1/4 inches thick.

Lightly brush a little olive oil around the edge of the dough.

Spread 4 to 5 tablespoons of Summer Fresh Butter Chicken sauce evenly across the dough.

Sprinkle the cheese and rosemary on first and then add the chicken on top.

Bake on pizza stone for 8-10 minutes (or until edge of pizza starts to brown lightly)

yields: 1 one-foot wide pizza



Disclosure: I was provided with samples of Summer Fresh sauces so I could develop this recipe. However, all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!