Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

happy 2013!

Happy New Year friends!

2012 has been a wonderful year of new adventures for us, and me in particular, most notably starting a new job and launching this blog.

I've met so many wonderful people through kitchen frolic and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for supporting and encouraging me as Paul and I continue to explore new recipes and food experiences. I am still sometimes in awe of how extremely warm and generous the online (and real life!) food community is and I know that 2013 will be full of new friendships, new tastes and fun food adventures!

I don't know if I want to set any "food resolutions" for 2013, as I'm horrible at following through with any type of resolution, but some of the things I definitely want to accomplish this year:
  • keep on blogging (at least twice a week!)
  • cook a new dish from one of my many cookbooks at least once every other week
  • meet more of my online foodie friends in real life
  • improve my piping skills (as in piping frosting, meringue, etc)
  • keep practicing making macarons

Some of my "non-food" resolutions for 2013, which I might mention from time to time here on this blog are:
  • read 50 books (I took the #50bookpledge)
  • launch my own PR/marketing company

What about you? Are you making any resolutions for 2013?

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Steph.

    I love the idea of making a resolution to cook a new recipe from a cook book at least every other week. This is something i need to do as well. And, make my blog posts more frequent. Perhaps the two could go hand in hand.

    I wish you a very happy 2013.

    Nicole x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have a few resolutions of my own. Good luck on yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!

    I haven't thought about making resolutions this year, but I love how ambitious yours are! I'd also like to blog more, practice making macarons, and cook new dishes from my cookbooks.

    Yay! I'm taking the 50 book pledge again too!

    Best of luck on your new job!

    Cheers,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!