Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

food gadgets i never knew i had to have

I love having a food blog. It's only been a couple of months since I started blogging, but I've already learned so much, cooked so many new things, met so many great people and read so much about food that I know that I'm going to be blogging for a long time to come. I really wish I had started sooner!

The one problem with immersing myself so much into food? I'm now exposed to so many more cool foods, gadgets and events that my mind is just bursting with things I want to try.

Oh, the gadgets...I've always been a bit of a food gadget girl, even when I wasn't cooking regularly. And I know that more gadgets do not make me a better cook, but you have to admit - some of these things are pretty darn cool.

Here are just a few of the fun food-related items that I'm hoping to (realistically) buy in the next few months. I added "realistically" in there because if my budget was unlimited, this list would definitely be very different! I'm sure this is going to be the first of many posts featuring kitchen gadgets, so if you have any to share, I'd love to hear about them!

Nordic Ware Egg Waffle Pan

Nordic Ware Egg Waffle Pan from Williams-Sonoma, $49.95 USD

If you've ever been to Hong Kong (or Pacific Mall in Toronto) then you'll have no problem identifying what this gadget is for. Paul and I LOVE these sweet, doughy egg-balls - we always get a bag whenever we hit Pacific Mall (fresh off the griddle and nice and warm). The idea that I could be making these at home is just too tempting! Thank goodness that I haven't seen this machine in-person yet or I would already own one.

Matcha Whisk

Bamboo Match Whisk from Teaopia, $20 CAD
I'm a huge fan of green tea - I have at least one cup a day. And although I usually steep loose green tea leaves, I did pick up a package of matcha green tea during my trip to Tokyo back in 2010 and recently bought a tin of it. I love the smooth taste of the powder, and am hoping to use it to make some other things, like smoothies and ice cream. But in the meantime, I want to make matcha green tea the proper way - and this whisk would definitely help me get my green tea nice and frothy.

Absinthe Spoons

(image from Wikipedia)

I have no use for this. I've never even tried a sip of absinthe in my life. But, these spoons are just so beautiful!

Cotton Candy Maker

Retro Series Hard & Sugar-Free Cotton Candy Maker from Nostalgia Electrics
I. So. Want. This. Who wouldn't want to make cotton candy anytime they want? Yes, I know it's pure sugar, but it's cotton candy! At home! Anytime I want!

p.s. I actually want everything on this Nostalgia Electrics page.

Bodum Knife Block

Bistro Knife Block by Bodum, $49.95 CAD

This knife storage system is really cool. Whenever I see it in the store, I can't help moving the plastic sticks around. Not only is this a nice-looking knife "block", I love that you can store any sized knife in it.

What about you? Are there any food gadgets/tools that you're looking forward to adding to your kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. I have to get that egg waffle pan! I've never been to Hong Kong but I did live in NYC for 12 yrs and they had such amazing egg waffle thingies in Chinatown! I haven't had those babies in 10 yrs, and I really need to find a place that sells them in LA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a leaving comment - I love hearing from my readers!