Paul makes awesome burgers. Seriously awesome burgers. One of his secrets is to add some "moisture" ingredient to the meat before shaping the patty - it can be mustard, pesto sauce, barbeque sauce, beer...really, there are an unlimited number of options. But that addition really flavours and moistens the burger.
Our next creation with Maison Le Grand sauces was a pesto cheeseburger. It's barbeque season, so of course, we had to include a grilling recipe! :)
500 g of medium ground beef
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
salt to taste
3 tablespoons Maison Le Grand Garden Pesto sauce
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (we used mozzarella)
- Combine beef, pepper and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add pesto sauce to the meat mixture and combine everything thoroughly.
- Shape the meat mixture into four equal balls and then flatten each ball lightly into burger patties.
- Grill hamburgers on the barbeque until done. During the last few minutes of grilling, sprinkle the cheese evenly onto the hamburger patties so that it all melts nicely.
- Garnish with your favourite hamburger toppings!
Disclosure: I was provided with samples of Maison Le Grand sauces so I could develop this recipe. However, all opinions expressed are my own.